Pumpkin Spice French Toast for breakfast? Yes, please. Start your gloomy, cold, Fall morning with this warm and delicious pumpkin spice flavored french toast. A sweet treat to start the day – but still macro friendly and low calorie.
This recipe is quick, easy, plus you likely have all of the ingredients in your house right now.
Pumpkin Spice French Toast
- Bread – You can use any bread – white, wheat, sourdough, low carb bread, etc. Just be sure to accurately adjust the calories and macros for this recipe. Nature’s Harvest Healthy Habits Light bread is the one I use. It is 40 calories per slice, 5g of protein and 5g of fiber.
- Egg Whites – Buying the carton of egg whites is quick, easy and I don’t have a bunch of egg yolks left. I love eggs and for the most part I use the whole egg but in this case, I just use egg whites. I also like to have the carton around to add to my egg scrambles. Egg whites are solely protein so it’s a great way to add volume and increase protein in a meal.
- Pumpkin Spice Skinny Syrup – My holy grail. Skinny syrup is zero sugar, zero calories but one hundred percent has my heart. If you’ve been following me from the beginning, you know it’s what I’ve used from day one. I originally would pick up their seasonal syrups at Home Goods or TJ Max but once I found out they had an online store, I haven’t gone back. They have SO many flavors online that I’ve never seen before. If you use my code JanelleR at checkout, you can get a free syrup on orders over $35 but even if you don’t, please check out their site. You will find yourself debating between 20 syrups you want and a need.
- Confectioners Sugar – I like to use the Swerve one – this trio is all you need. You can purchase it on Amazon.
- Cinnadust – My favorite, Cinnadust. Use this to sweeten anything up – I like it on my yogurt.
- Walden Farms Maple Syrup – I LOVE this syrup. It’s the best zero calorie zero sugar syrup.
- Mixing Bowl Set – These are my favorite from Amazon. I use them in every video and anytime I’m cooking. They’re also great for dips or for appetizers when guests come over.
- Whisk – Everyone needs a good whisk they can count on.
- Pan – Get your favorite non-stick pan out for this one!
French Toast Fan?
Here are a few of my other french toast recipes.
What About a Pumpkin Fan?
- No Bake Pumpkin Protein Cheesecake
- Starbucks Copycat Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
- Pumpkin Baked Oats
- Pumpkin Pie Moscow Mule
Did you make the recipe?
Please, please tag me! I love to see you all make my recipes. If you decide to make these, please tag me, @janellerohner on Instagram or Facebook so I can repost you!
Pumpkin Spice French Toast
In a mixing bowl, whisk egg whites and skinny syrup.
Dunk your bread in your egg wash on both sides and add to a pan on medium high.
Optional: Sprinkle Cinnadust on top.
Cook for a few minutes and then flip and top other side with Cinnadust.
Remove from heat, sprinkle with swerve confectioners sugar and top with walden farms maple syrup!
Serving Size 4 Slices
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 242
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 2g4%
- Total Carbohydrate 36g12%
- Protein 26g52%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.