Have you seen the TikTok Viral Bell Pepper Salad? I saw it and knew I had to put my own twist on it and make it a complete meal. It’s fresh, macro friendly, and SO addicting! I’ve been eating it for lunch all week.
I have to give credit to Rachel Kirkconnell and her original recipe on this one. She does mini bell peppers, miso dressing, chili onion crunch, everything but the bagel seasoning, and cucumbers. You can find her full recipe here. I just added my own twist and made it a bit more macro friendly – bulking it up with more carbs, protein, and some low calorie sauce.
I get a lot of comments saying I eat the same thing but I really can’t help it. I get so fixated on it and crave it! Swear. For example, this pasta. I’ve been eating this for the past week.
TikTok Viral Bell Pepper Salad
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Chicken Breast, shredded or chopped
- Bow Tie Noodles – Want MORE protein and fiber? Switch them out for Banza pasta! It’s packed with fiber and protein.
- Cucumber, chopped
- Carrots, chopped
- Bell Peppers, chopped
- Purple Cabbage
- Makoto Ginger Dressing
- GHugh’s Orange Ginger Marinade
- Everything But the Bagel Seasoning
- Mixing Bowls – I think I’ve linked these in every single blog post since I’ve started. These are a staple in my kitchen accessories. They come in all sizes and are so versatile. I love them! Definitely a kitchen must have.
- VEGGIE CHOPPER – This thing has saved my life. It cuts the time to chop veggies in half – probably even more. I am so happy I finally just pulled the trigger and purchased it. I’m made I waited so long to do so.
- Meat Thermometer
- Strainer – This one from Amazon is great! You just clip it to the side of your pot and strain.
The best thing is, this meal is adjustable. For me, I like to have about 5 smaller meals throughout the day but maybe you don’t like to lug around a big lunchbox like I do. Understandable. Pause – if you DO like to, then I am obsessed with this lunchbox I got off Amazon. Yes, I lug it everywhere and I don’t care who judges me. Anyways, what I was saying is that this lunch is adjustable because we all have different macro goals. My protein, fats, and carb intake for the day isn’t going to be the same as yours. Adjust this to your macros and goals – if you need more protein, add chicken, if you need more carbs, add noodles.
Other High Protein Meals and Snacks
Struggling getting in more protein? Take a look at my blog post on 5 ways to increase your protein while counting macros. Protein is definitely a common struggle to hit for a lot of people but it feels so good when you hit your protein goal and it is SO important.
Try out this recipe?
TikTok Viral Bell Pepper Salad
Boil your pasta according to the package. Usually, I do about 8 minutes but I always keep checking on it. You don't want them too mushy.
For the chicken, feel free to use shredded or chopped. The easy route would be canned chicken but if you want to, you can boil and shred it. Or, buy a rotisserie chicken and shred that. Totally up to you - cook your chicken how you prefer it. If you decide to boil it, I found this blog on how to boil the juiciest chicken breast.
Add everything to a mixing bowl, mix, and enjoy!
Serving Size 1 Serving
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 362kcal
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 10g16%
- Total Carbohydrate 46g16%
- Protein 29g58%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.