Slow Cooker Witches Stew or Witches Brew? Both great macro friendly options and also super spooky. Just in time for the spookiest season of them all. Made with Italian sausage, ground turkey, veggies and lots of seasoning – making it perfect for those cold, fall nights.
The kids will love this – my girls did. With the mix of the creepy skulls and pumpkins, it creates a fun dynamic around dinner time. After you cut the veggies, have your kids help you stir and pour in all the seasonings. Definitely a fun way to spend time with the kids, or even family and friends.
Slow Cooker Witches Stew
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Slow Cooker: If you don’t already have one, you definitely need one. I can’t say enough good things about it.
- Ground Turkey: I love ground turkey but you can do that or ground beef. Either one is great – whatever fits best with your macros. The leaner option on both is great for this because since it’s a soup it isn’t dry and it’s packed with delicious flavor and seasoning.
- Hot Sausage: I love adding this because it adds a ton of flavor but you could also swap it out for another pound of ground turkey or ground beef if you’d like. If you do decide to go that route, be sure to season very well.
- Carrots: This is where the fun part comes in. You’re going to cut your carrots into little pumpkins. I found these veggie cutters on Amazon and they’re also great for using in the kids lunches. You can also cut them on your own, free hand. They’re not too hard.
- Potatoes: Yum – I love potatoes. Not to get off topic but if you haven’t had my husband Peter’s potatoes, you need to.
- Beef Broth: I was at the store the other day and I saw Beef Bone Broth. Apparently bone broth is very good for gut health so it’d be a great swap to regular beef broth and they taste the same!
- Mushrooms: Another fun part – you’re going to cut the mushrooms to look like skulls. Just use a straw to poke out the eyes and cut them in half.
- Minced Garlic
- Italian Seasoning
- Can of Condensed French Onion Soup
Enjoy this recipe?
Don’t forget to comment and share your thoughts! Tag me on TikTok, Instagram or Facebook @janellerohner. I would love to see it and repost it!
Slow Cooker Witches Stew
First, chop all your veggies. Let's get that out of the way. I linked a pumpkin veggie cutter for the carrots but I chopped mine on my own.
In a pan over medium heat, brown your ground turkey or beef with your hot sausage and season to your liking.
- Add your beef broth with the rest of your ingredients except mushrooms to your crockpot or slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8.
- When the Witches Stew is almost done, add your mushrooms in for the last 10-15 minutes. ENJOY!
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 315kcal
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 17g27%
- Total Carbohydrate 19g7%
- Protein 20g40%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.