You have to make this Low Calorie Marry Me Chicken for Valentine’s Day for your significant other. A creamy and flavorful dish that will have your partner swooning!
With only a handful of ingredients necessary and done all in one pot – it makes for an easy dish to whip up. Simple ingredients to create maximum flavor! Especially for those who are beginners at cooking but want it to seem like they’re a pro. Believe me, get that hand ready because this is such a crowd pleaser! Your partner is sure to get on one knee.
Low Calorie Marry Me Chicken
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Chicken Breasts
- Chicken Broth – Bone Broth has TONS of protein in it if you wanted to up the protein.
- Half and Half – You can also use heavy cream but I wanted to make a lower calorie version.
- Parmesan – This needs to be freshly grated parmesan at room temperature so it melts easy into the dish.
- Sun Dried Tomatoes – Avoid getting the ones in oil so you don’t add unnecessary calories.
- Dried Oregano
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Fresh Basil
- Olive Oil
Other Chicken Recipes:
- Crockpot Honey Sriracha Chicken
- The Best Blackened Chicken Tenders
- The Juiciest Chicken Ever
- Chili Lime Chicken Thighs
Valentine’s Day recipes
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Stuffed Cupcakes
- Sangria Mocktail
- Valentine’s Day Oreo Bark
- Cinnamon Red Hot Jello Shots
Try out this recipe?
Low Calorie Marry Me Chicken
For the chicken
For the Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce
First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Place your chicken breasts on a cutting board and trim as needed. Pat the chicken breasts dry on all sides with paper towels.
Season the tops of chicken breasts generously with salt and black pepper on both sides. Set chicken aside.
Get your cast iron smoking hot BEFORE adding any oil. You don't want your oil to burn. When the skillet is warm, add olive oil and swirl pan to cover the entire surface.
Once you see that your oil is hot and shimmery, place your seasoned chicken breasts in the skillet. Sear the chicken breasts for 3 to 4 minutes, or until lightly golden in spots. Repeat on the other side. Carefully transfer the seared chicken breasts to plate and set aside.
Return the skillet to the stovetop and reduce heat to medium-low. Let the temperature of the skillet reduce, then add your minced garlic.
Next, add in the broth and stir. Make sure to scrape up any browned bits of chicken or garlic that may be stuck to bottom of skillet.
Move the skillet to a cool stovetop burner and let skillet cool slightly. Next, add heavy cream and whisk gently to incorporate heavy cream into chicken broth. Once mixed well, sprinkle grated parmesan into mixture and gently stir until cheese has melted.
Return the skillet back to the hot burner and continue stirring sauce mixture for about a minute or so. Add your sun-dried tomatoes, dried oregano, and red pepper flakes to the cream sauce and mix. Taste sauce and adjust salt, pepper, oregano, and/or red pepper flakes as desired.
Bring sauce to a slow simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Once sauce is simmering, return the seared chicken breasts to skillet. Flip chicken breasts a few times to coat all sides in sauce, then transfer entire skillet into preheated oven.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until thermometer reaches 160 degrees in the thickest part of the chicken.
Let chicken rest 10 minutes before cutting into it. After 10 minutes, check and make sure chicken is at 165 degrees.
Serve with desired sides, such as rice and veggies and enjoy!
Serving Size 1 (About 1/2 chicken breast)
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 330kcal
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 12.4g20%
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3g2%
- Dietary Fiber 0.6g3%
- Protein 47.6g96%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.